Posted on: Sep 24, 2018
Job Title: Helpdesk Engineer
Location: Smithfield, office-based.
Reporting To: Helpdesk Manager
You will be required to remotely diagnose and resolve all Level 1 and Level 2 helpdesk support issues using our remote login software (TeamViewer). Your other duties will also include; client administration; call escalation, call logging and knowledge management, preventative maintenance checks, communicating with 3rd party vendors, monitoring services, software and hardware installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all Microsoft desktop software and applications, incl Hosted Environments
- Support Backup/Disaster Recovery products (local/cloud)
- Support Office 365/Google Apps
- Systems/Client Administration (Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Hardware Support (PCs, laptops, printers/scanners, mobile devices)
- Support for AV/Anti-Spam/Filtering /Encryption (incl MSP products)
- Monitoring & Security Products (End-Point Management, Vulnerability/Network infiltration)
- LAN/WAN support
- Remote Desktop/VPN support
- Communicating with third-Party Vendors.
- Ensure that:
– All helpdesk calls are logged correctly and knowledge base notes are correctly updated
– All Billable time is accounted for
– All calls are given the correct attention in terms of priority and SLA
– All calls are correctly escalated and escalated in a timely manner
– A high level of customer service is applied at all times.
- Be aware of and comply with all Health and Safety regulations as directed by the Company. Ensure the health and safety policy of the Company is strictly adhered to. Operating computers and other office equipment as required in a safe manner. Ensuring any defective equipment is repaired in a timely manner.
- Participate in the Performance Management System.
- Ensure you follow supportIT Work Processes/Work Instructions.
- Maintaining a high standard of work performance, attendance, appearance and punctuality at all times.
- Ensure good working relationships with colleagues at all times.
- Ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are maintained in relation to all areas of work.
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities and consequently the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
This job description may change in line with the changing needs and objectives of the Company.
To apply for this position please email your CV to: email@example.com