Posted on: Mar 05, 2019
Job Title: Field Engineer
Location: Based on Client Sites/In-House
Reporting To: Service Delivery Manager
You will be required to provide 2 & 3rd level/escalation support to supportIT clients, remotely and on-site. You will manage clients’ infrastructure projects to successful completion, including effectively communicating with the client, internal contacts and third-party suppliers. You will provide consultancy support to the Technical Director during the project requirements phase. Your duties will also include call logging and Knowledge management, preventative maintenance checks, customer account management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all Microsoft software and applications, incl server operating systems
- Support Client Backup products (local/cloud)
- Office 365/Google Apps support
- Systems Administration (Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Hardware Support (PCs, laptops, printers/scanners, mobile devices)
- AV/Anti-Spam/Filtering Software
- LAN/WAN support
- Remote Desktop/VPN support
- SharePoint/MS Azure/Amazon AWS support
- Support for Communication equipment (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Citrix Xen App support
- VM-Ware/Hyper-V support
- Hosted/On Premise Exchange support
- Encryption MSP support
- Apple MAC support
- Communicating with third-Party Vendors.
All calls are logged correctly and knowledge base notes are correctly updated
All Billable time is accounted for
All calls are given the correct attention in terms of priority and SLA
A high level of customer service is applied at all times.
- Be aware of and comply with all Health and Safety regulations as directed by the Company. Ensure the health and safety policy of the Company is strictly adhered to. Operating computers and other office equipment as required in a safe manner. Ensuring any defective equipment is repaired in a timely manner.
- Participate in the Performance Management System.
- Ensure you follow supportIT Work Processes/Work Instructions.
- Maintaining a high standard of work performance, attendance, appearance and punctuality at all times.
- Ensure good working relationships with colleagues at all times.
- Ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are maintained in relation to all areas of work.
- Ensure effective time-management/Travel Time between client sites.
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities and consequently the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.This job description may change in line with the changing needs and objectives of the Company.